Lebanese citizens have never felt anything like it, a devastating explosion rocked the Lebanese capital of Beirut on Tuesday August 4th, 2020 at 6:07pm.
The blast was felt 150 miles away, shops and homes 6 miles away were damaged, streets were filled with shattered glass, and cars flew off the roads.
At least 154 people were killed and more than 5,000 injured. More than 300,000 people displaced. They described it as an apocalypse and comparing it to the Hiroshima bombing.Lebanon’s Prime Minister said that an estimated 2,750 tons of the explosive ammonium nitrate had been stored at a warehouse in Beirut for six year. 😫🔫
I’m continuously updating this page with relevant footage, images, and more. Visit back to stay informed.
I’ve collected videos/images from different sources on the tragedy
Starting from the farther away views
A closer view of the blast…
Getting very close!
Felt pretty much everywhere…
Multiple bodies were found in the waters, under the crumbles and many still unaccounted for. It got much more difficult to search at night because there is no electricity. They’re facing a real catastrophe and need time to assess the extent of damages.
Hospitals are asking for blood donors, hotels and citizens are offering their homes for anyone that can’t find shelter.
Shop owners can’t leave their windowless stores afraid of theft. Kids got separated from their parents, and the list goes on.
Unfortunately our apartment in Beirut was very close to the blast
Our apartment got hit pretty hard: windows shattered, window frames flew off the walls, and the furniture was all over the place. It’s devastating 😞
My heart is broken, my mother had to get stitched up at a hospital far from the capital (she’s ok now), all those people have fallen into deep sadness and despair…
Thanks for all the prayers and wishes we have gotten from everyone, we hope with the help of the countries that offered sympathy, we’ll be able to overcome this tragedy in the weeks to come.
Countries around the world showing a sign of solidarity
Must watch 👇 what this country has gone though is unimaginable…
- Help locate victims: https://instagram.com/locatevictimsbeirut?igshid=13lm60nza238y
- Lebanese Red Cross donation: http://www.redcross.org.lb/SubPage.aspx?pageid=1370&PID=158
- Impact Lebanon donation: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/lebanon-relief
- Life Love Help Lebanon donation: https://livelove.org/helplebanon
- Save the Children donation: https://lebanesefoodbank.org/donate/
- Other donations: https://impact.publicgood.com/campaign/e20043c4-fbac-4b26-bc1f-2cae69337391
- Help families directly: https://www.unitedwehelp961.com/